For the purposes of EU data protection laws (“EU Data Protection Law”), Hamlet is a data controller (i.e., the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
For each registered user, we collect the consumer’s screen name, e-mail address, IP address, country of residence, street address, and zip code. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor and used by us to contact users regarding their account. This information is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes without user consent. Unregistered users may use the portions of the Hamlet site that do not require registration. The IP addresses of these users are stored.
In addition to personal information—as noted above—we may also collect information that is in no way personally identifiable. This may include your operating system, your internet browser, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and the web sites you visit directly before and after your visit to Hamlet Local.com.
Online Ad Serving
Hamlet and some of our advertisers use third-party advertising service companies to serve advertisements when you visit our sites. Often, these third-party advertising companies employ cookie, pixel tag and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of Web and e-mail advertisement and to create a record of interaction with our site content that they use in conjunction with their advertising which appears on other sites, or for reporting web site traffic, statistics, advertisement data and/or other activities on our sites. We will also engage third party providers to assist with the segmentation of this data. The specific providers we use are subject to change. As of the date of the posting of this policy, some of the current providers include DoubleClick and Google Analytics (for information about how to opt out of tracking methods for these entities and others click here).
How does Hamlet use my collected information?
Other Information: Ad Serving and Hamlet Local. At times we display ads on our Hamlet Local.com. When you visit Hamlet or view ads that we serve off of our network elsewhere on the Internet, you may see multiple kinds of ads, such as text ads next to search results and graphical ads shown on web pages. Sometimes these ads are based on the content of the page on which they appear. Other times these ads are generated by matching the ad to your interests as inferred from your browsing activities collected online. Either way, Hamlet tries to show you relevant ads, and to do so, we may use information we know or receive about you like your gender, location or interests.
Legal basis for processing in the EU
In the EU, the purposes for which we process your personal data are:
– where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you for the provision of our services;
– where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
– where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in the EU.
Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one legal basis has been set out.
The content of Hamlet Local’s emails is chosen completely at the discretion of Hamlet. Selling our editorial content would destroy the legitimacy, integrity, and fun of Hamlet emails and would ruin the trust between Hamlet and its users.
User reviews, blog comments or any other information submitted through our website become the sole property of Hamlet.com. We reserve the right to delete or edit reviews, comments or other user submitted information to remove objectionable language. However, we will never edit user submitted reviews or comments for being too critical or too complimentary.
How we store and transfer your information
For individuals based in the EU or Switzerland, we store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data, see the section headed “How does Hamlet use my collected information?” above, unless otherwise required by law.
For residents in the EU and Switzerland
If you are located in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data that we hold:
– Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data;
– Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete;
– Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
– Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data;
– Right to portability. The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one organization to another; and
– Right to object. You have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Accessing, Changing, and Deleting Your Account Information & Data
Registered users can review the personal information they provided to Hamlet and make any desired changes to the information at any time by logging in to their account and editing the information on the account settings page. They can also close their account by contacting Hamlet through the contact us page. Users may export their reviews and ratings data at any time using the tools provided by Hamlet. All visitors have the right to correct their data, have their data deleted, object to how we use or share their data, and restrict how we use or share their data.
Email Opt Out
Registered users who have elected to receive Hamlet email can choose to opt-out at any time by responding “Unsubscribe”.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect.
How to contact us
Email us at [email protected]